NWIB GrantSupporting women fulfill their business dreams
There will be a $5000 grant awarded to a successful female applicant who can
demonstrate a requirement to extend or augment an existing business, or to start a new business within the Northam Shire.
Applications close 31st May 2022.
Applications Open Now Until 31st May 2022
There will be a $5000 grant awarded to a successful female applicant who can demonstrate a requirement to extend or augment an existing business, or to start a new business within the Northam Shire.
Emphasis will be placed on a business which would employ the grant in such a way that other businesses in the area may be positively impacted.
The applicant would need to utilize a business plan to demonstrate the precise manner in which the funds would be spent.
The successful applicant would be required to liaise with Willy Regan at RSM (free service) to further define and consolidate her business plan, and present a talk about her business and the manner in which the grant was spent at a meeting or event the following year.
2022 Application Criteria
• The applicant must be genetically female or transgender living as female.
• The applicant must reside within the Northam Shire or have lived there within the previous 5 years.
• The applicant must have a business plan.
• A group application will not be accepted.
• The top 4 or 5 applicants will be required to attend an interview with the selection panel in June 2022 in Northam.
• It is expected that the bursary will be spent on furthering the progress of the applicant’s ultimate endeavour.
• If no applicants meet the approval of the selection panel, it has the right not to award a winner and to roll the sum over to the following year.
• The applicants must be available for interview if short-listed, in Northam in the week starting 27th June 2022.
• The selection panel will consist of one member of Northam Women in Business, a member from the Northam Chamber of Commerce and an employee of Bendigo Bank.
• The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into
• No direct contact with the selection panel, other than the written application is allowed. Advice, however, on the application process will be available by email to NWIB.
• The sum is a one-off payment gifted at the time of presentation of the winner in July 2022 via a Bendigo Bank account.
• The prize winner will be offered a business mentorship through Bendigo Bank.
• The winner agrees to return to NWIB in 2023 at an as of yet-to-be arranged function to present progress and describe how the money has been/is being spent.
Applicant Details Required
- Full Name (Underline Surname).
- Date of Birth.
- Current Address.
- Previous Address within the Northam Shire.
- Contact Telephone Number.
- Contact Email Address.
You should email to us by 31st May 2022:
- Applicant Details; with
- Short cover letter
- Business plan with details as how the grant would be spent
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2022.
Get in Touch
Want more information? Need to get in touch? Fill out the form and we will get you all the information you need.